Friday 2 November 2012

Lying Tilda - 'Under The Christmas Tree'

Hi all & today I'm posting a card I have been working on for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge. They have a really lovely theme, which is birthstones...
 
 
 
.. I wasn't sure what mine was, so after I looked it up on the chart & found it was Peridot (August), I instinctively thought of a Christmas tree & the shade of green on my new Pion papers that matched the Peridot perfectly. So I decided to use my 'Lying Tilda' & Stamps Away Christmas Tree background to make a cosy, winter night in scene...under the Christmas tree!

 

Appologies for the photos - my cameras not great unless its nice & bright outside, it really struggles if I take them in the evening under artificial light. Anyways, here's a closer look..



It is coloured with Distress Inks then highlighted with Crystal Glamour Dust.


 

 
Distress Inks:
Skin - Tattered Rose, Olp Paper
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Satin
Cheecks: Fired Brick
Top & Trainers - Pumice Stone
Pants - Shabby Shutters
Tree - Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Walnut Satin
Shading - Pumice Stone, Soot Black
 
 
 
Doo Hickey Dies: So Wrapped 'Lovely'
Vintage Tag
 
 
I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
 
Magnolia Down Under - Birthstones
 Tildas Town - Winter Weather
Midweek Magnolias - Anything Goes
Dutch Magnolia Lovers - Christmas with DMC
Sketch n Stash - Sketch!
 
 

14 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is stunning. I love the sweet image and your colouring is so beautiful. The papers and details you have added are gorgeous, I especially love the way you have arranged your flowers

    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch n Stash Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Deb Your cardis so beautiful Ilove it and SNAP Im August too and weve the same name... Im the 7th

    I dont know if you are one of my commenting numbers or not but thankyou anyway for joining in with us at MDUC this week xxx
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW - this is GORGEOUS!
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Deb, lovely colour combo and such a sweet Tilda. Great sentiments and embellies. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooohhhhh...wauwwwwie !!
    I love this card!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Magnolia Lovers !!!
    Good luck !!


    Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful deb.peridot is my birthstone too and i really love the colour, gorgeous sweet tilds and details too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb this is so soft and vintage looking, I really love the style and colors on the card. I have a August B-day too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! this truly is soooo gorgeous,amazing detail and design.Love it all,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, I love all the pretty details, gorgeous colour choice Thanks so much for joining in at Tildas Town this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fantastic Deb!!
    I really love your colouring and all those details are stunning..
    Thanks for playing with us at Tilda's Town this week..
    Good luck in the draw..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Debs, love that tree stamp, can you tell me where you bought it?
    Thanks for joining us at Tildas town this week
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card!
    Thanks for entering our DML-Challenge.
    Hugszzz,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...