Sunday 11 March 2012

Magnolia Card 'Tilda with Kite' for Mothers Day!

Hi all & today I have a Mothers Day card that I've made & am so chuffed with - think it may be my fave make yet! I've been obsessed with 'finding my style' for the nest part of last year & was really getting miffed that I coundn't seem to put ym finger on it. I massively admire people who have such a distinctive style so that when you see their cards - you instantly know its theirs. Where as mine were just all over the place - I felt really frustrated with it & just wasn't getting the 'look' I wanted or easing into a style of my own I felt happy with. However more recently I feel like I've been getting somewhere with this & when I finished this card & a few other recent makes I thought - hmmm, yeah thats what I'm talking about! I still wouldn't say I was totally content, but defo feel like I'm getting there! ... Is it just me who torments themselves with this nonsence??!! you all probably think I'm mad (& you probably wouldn't be far wrong there either!) haha.

Photobucket

...I just LOVE this paper pad by Kaisercraft, here's a closer look...

Photobucket

...Card has a removable tag, which I made from a die-cut from the paper pad & matted onto bazzil cardstock. I then added an eyelet, lace, charm & decorative stamps...


...Here's the tag out of the card...


...Flowers are from WOC I've distressed them with white paint, then added glitter...


...Love these Tim Holtz ornate bookplates, this one I've painted white & added glitter to, then made a center piece from coreogated card, painted & inked & added some mini-alphas by Prima to spell the 'MUM' sentiment...


...I made a small shabby bow & added an old butterfly jewellrey hair piece that I sprayed white & added glitter to, I then added a Prima say it in pearls & crystals swirl coming from the kite strings!...


...This card comes with a matching box & is available to purchase for Mothers Day / Special Mums/ Mums birthdays etc. from my ebay store (see link in side bar)
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Your cards make me smile .. they are amazing!! You are very talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,so stunning deb.gorgeous pretty colours and details and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another stunning creation! So breathtaking!! Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you're not the only one trying to find her 'style'!!

    Your cards are amazing, so pretty! (I'm here via the Just Magnolia Challenge and I'm now a follower of yours!) Thanks for the awesome inspiration!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...