Sunday 4 December 2011

Magnolia Card 'Winter Tilda' for Vintage & Lace challenge @ Tomic

Hey all & today I'm entering the fabulous challenge over at TOMIC which is vintage & lace. I'm loving my shabby/ vintage style at the mo - so this one suited me down to the ground & I've been busy all week getting my entery ready!...

Photobucket

...The scrummy, shabby papers are 'Mitten Weather' by Cosmo Cricket & I love the soft muted shades of lilac, green & beige. Here's a closer look...

Photobucket

...I've inked all edges with Walnut Satin then distressed with a craft knife. I've also distressed flowers with white paint & added a mixture of lilac, green & cream Flower Soft to paper edges, lastly I've used cheese cloth to create a shabby vintagy effect. For the lace element fo the challenge I've stitched white Prima lace across the bottom & added pretty white lace across the top of the card...


...This great Magnolia stamp is 'Winter Tilda' from the new Sweet Christmas Dreams collection & I just LOVE her cute little hat!!! I've coloured her with Distress Inks, cut out & mounted onto a Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval & Scalloped Oval die....


...(Above) Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts as usual! & notice my brand new heart swirl Doo HIckey die I've been after for time - LOVE it too much!!! (Below) This fab metal bookplate is by Tim Holtz, which I've added a Tim Holtz raffle ticket to with Distressed edges & sercured the place with pearl brads...

...I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

TOMIC - Vintage & Lace
Wild Orchid Crafts - A Childs Christmas
7 Kids College Fund - None traditional X-mas Colours

8 comments:

  1. wow excuse me while i pick my jaw up off the floor !!! so so beautiful stunning card
    hugs sara x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ Deb, this is a winner I'm sure!!!!

    Hug, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, full of stunning detail
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a beautiful card you have made! Love those colors and your label with metal... SUPER COOL!!

    Greatings, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw this is absolutley gorgeous!! I love the shabby vintage look and all the beautiful flowers!! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fantastic card deb.your details and colours are really beautiful and fab sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowzer!!!! this is just stunning!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb! Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...