Thursday 18 April 2013

Marvelous Magnolia 'Bring on the Bling'

Hey there - today's Thursday which means time for another Marvelous Magnolia challenge. This time the theme is 'Bring on the Bling' so get your glitter & gems out & show us what you got!
 
We've got some great sponsers this week for the lucky winners and these are...



 
&
 
 
 
 
On to my card, I used 'Tilda hiding Heart' from the 'With Love' collection and some scrummy papers from the Maja Design Basic Summer collection...
 


These papers are just to die for, I am sooooo hooked  on Maja Design right now! Loving my new Tilda stamp too, which can be purchased from The Rubber Buggy (click on store link above).
 
 
The edges have been inked with Pumice Stone Distress Ink using a blending tool, then slightly distressed with a craft knife and machine stiched.
 
 
Image has been coloured with Distress Inks, the Dress is Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet. I then added a touch of Aged Mahogony and shaded with Pumice Stone and Soot Black.
 
 
The sentiment is by LOTV I inked up in a Sepia brown Archival ink, then added black round the edges of the stamp before making the impression to give a shaded effect. Die cut is Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3, cut from cardstock then covered in Picket Fence Crackle Paint.
 
 
 I am LOVING these zips at the mo! I always used them on my cards at one time and seem to have forgotton about them recently so its great to see them around again, I'm after the Prima ones really but these (pulled off various items of my childrens old clothes! ha) will have to do for now!
 
 
 
Lovely Fence Doo Hickey die (above) cut from Core'dinations cardstock (again I'm so hooked on this card right now too!) I them added some Picket Fence Crackle Paint which seems to have made the ink from the cardstock run & give a really nice shabby inked effect...which I totally planned (well not really) but will defo be doing it again - its a great look!
 
I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Live & Love Crafts - BINGO (Full House!!! - see below)
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
xxx
 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. Fantastic colouring too. Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, this is gorgeous. Love your colouring and the details are wonderful.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so stunning deb.gorgeous pretty colours and design and the tilda is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I am glad you told us how you shaded, I am at awe with the beautify of Tilda. Love the embellishments you used also. I am laughing about your zipper, I have tried to order them too but I will search the clothes in my house now!! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,
    LOL so I see you managed another full house, wasn't hard though was it with our embellishment board?! :-) Absolutely stunning, pure shabby chic heaven! Thanks for linking up, it's a pleasure seeing your work...can't wait until...well u know :-) Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Debs, a real stunner, full of shabbychicness.
    Thanks for joining us at Live and Love Crafts.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...