Morning all! Todays post is my second post for the Card Makin Mamas design team. The challenge this time was a recipe; 1 image, 2 papers & 3 embellishments. To be really honest I found this soooo difficult. I never realised just how much I like to embellish my cards,so when reetricted to just 3 - I was stumped! So I have to confess I kinda cheated a little bit, but as its in the name of creativity its allowed (thats my story & I'm stickin to it!) haha...I embellished the tag with flowers, sentiment & a charm before adding to the card, then counted that as 1 of my 3 embellishments...
1 Image: Tilda with umberella (Bon Voyage collection)
2 Papers: Needlepoint & Lavendar Leaves (Lilac House collection by Fancy Pants designs)
3 Embellishments: Tag, Die-Cut corners & Prmia crystal flourish with roses
Theres also a journaling card inside cut from the 'cards' paper from the same collection...er....thats not counted either casue.....its inside - obviously!!! Sorry but not being able to pack this full of embellishments has drove me mad! ...NO BUTTONS & BOWS MAKE DEBORAH GO CRAZY!!! hahaha.
Image has been coloured with my new Copics which I LOVE! I can not get enough of them & can't believe its taken me this long to get round to trying them. I'm now their biggest fan! (still love my beloved Distress Inks too though!)
Think I've got a long way to go with the Copivs yet. I like the brolli & the hairs ok, but I'm struggling to work with the darker colours & blend them well. I just figured out not to apply them straight to the paper, but to put some on a hard surface & use a lighter colour or blender pen to 'pick up'the colour & that seemed to work a little better, but still not confident with it all yet. That said - bearing in mind its only my 2nd attempt at a proper finished image, maybe I'm excpecting too much too soon!!! Yep...thats me all over...want it & want it like...yesterday!!! haha
Skin: R000, YR000, YR20
Dungarees & Brolli stick: V000, V01
Hair: V000, V01, V06
Cardi: G000, G21,
Boots & Brolli: G000, G21, G99
Above is Spellbinders Nestabilities fancy tags set 3, which I have cut in kraft cardstock & inked lightly with Old Paper Distress Ink, using a sponge applicater for a subtle aged effect. (though it doesn't really show on pics)
Below is gorgeous rhinestone/ pearl flourish by Prima which includes these fabby little roses - LOVE them, so classy & perfect for this make & they look great on acetate like this.
ACETATE APATURE CARD-BLANK TUTORIAL:
1) Create a normal square card blank 15x15cm, then on the card front measure approx 1.5cm in from each edge & cut with a craft knife to create an apature.
2) Cut a square of acetate approx 14.5cm square, (this acetate has purple flock swiss dots on from the Lilac House collection) adhere behind the apature using double sided tape.
3) Cut 4 strips from the needlepoint paper 14.5cm long, 3.5cm wide & punch 1 side with Martha Stewart doily edge punch. Cut each of the corners at a 45 degree angle & adhere in place using 3D foam pads.
4) Die cut 4 corners & adhere with 3D foam pads to hide joins.
5) For the inside, as its acetate - you will need to hide the double sided tape holding the acetate in place...Using either card-stock or patterned paper cut a 14.75cm square. As in step 1, measure in from each side approx 1.5cm & cut with a craft knife. This should give you a square frame that you can adhere using double sided tape.
I would like to enter into the following challenges:
Incy Wincy - Clean & Simple
The Crafty Pad Designs - Holes