Sunday 24 July 2011

Whoopsi Daisy - 'Anything but Square' challenge

Hi all, another Monday which I think has come round even quicker than usual this week, meaning its time for another challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. This week we would like to see your shaped creations for the challenge 'Anything but Square'. I love my shaped cards anyway, so this was a great challenge for me. I had a really clear idea of what I wanted in my head & actually the end result just didn't turn out like so at first I wasn't best pleased. However it keeps growing on me the more I look at it & I've decided I do really like it, it's just diferent to my origional idea. The image is fantastic & think I'd have done it more justice if I'd have colour matched it to the papers a little better. But its still v.cute & you can tell how good an image it is to work with.

The image is from sheet 272 & comes like this. It can be purchased along with a whole host of other stunning Daisy images from here. Each sheet is sold for the bargain price of just £1.99 & usually contains 4 different images, however until the 29th July there is a buy 1 get 1 free offer, so thats a whopping 8 images for less than £2.00. WOW! Hurry now to take advantage of this special offer, theres something for everyone & all occasions, plus the images are so well drawn, versitile & v.easy/ fun to use.


Now heres what I did with it...
...I made a basic circluar card blank & cut a large scalloped apature using Spellbinders nestabilities dies. I then mounted the coloured image onto circles & scalloped circles 1size smaller than the apature. I punched 2  holes in the top of the card blank & the image & set with eyelets, & lastly hung the image inside using 3 jump rings...

Photobucket

...The papers are by Papermania its a little 6x6 I've had for years & thought it really suited the image because of the birdy papers in the collection. I always colour my Daisy birdies in blue, so these papers just really reminded me of them!


COPICS:
Skin: R000, E53
Cheeks: R20
Hair: E43
Dress & Hair Bow: B000, B32
Polka Dots, Seeds & birdies beaks: Y000, Y11 
Bottom of dress, Wings & Bow: R000, RV10, W-1
Bidies: B000, B12
Bird House: RV000, R81, W-1
Roof & Perch: V000, V01, V06
Wood & Dress Trim: G000, G21, YG03
Chimney & Bird Seed Bag: R00, R20, W-1
Smoke: W-1, B000
Outline: BG000
...Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, notice the colours...I've pulled some blue & pink flowers apart (theres a top & bottom layer to each flower) & layered them back together mixed - pink on blue & blue on pink. The flowers are arranged on a Magnolia Doo Hickey die-cut swirl...

...The acrylic heart is by Maya Road & they come clear. I've painted the reverse with pink & blue acrylic paint, then stamped the mini-sentiment by Stamps Away in Black Staz-on ink on the front. Lastly I've finished with a piece of lemon grosgrain ribbon threaded through & tied in knots at both ends. The little 'Love from' tag is part of the paper collection that I've mounted on to card.

2 comments:

  1. wow hun this is simply stunning the detail is amazing hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Deb! Colouring is stunning as always and I love the design of the card- v unusual x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...